Sunday, January 19, 2014

What About EDM310?

I have heard many horror stories about EDM310. Many of the students and even my adviser have spoken about how time consuming the work can be. Although many spoke about the amount of time and effort you must put into this course they also told me that as long as you do put in the time and effort there is a lot you can learn from EDM310 that can help you in the future. The main fear that I have of this course is falling behind and not being able to catch up. Unlike most of the other courses I have taken at the University EDM310 is mostly online based and requires more on your own learning. Also EDM310 requires a lot of projects that are online and involve blogging which I have never done until now. The most difficult thing in EDM310 for me will be the self learning and staying on track. I will admit that I do procrastinate and that is a habit that i will have to break now. It has always been easier to have some one just lecture the material to me but I class I will have to learn most of it on my own. Learning own my own will not be easy but it will allow me to retain the material long after EDM310. to help my self succeed in this course I will begin a new daily routine so that I can devote more attention to the projects and blogs that I will be participating in. One question that I have about EDM310 is what will the projects be on? will we be critiquing, researching, or both in these projects? I am sure if i read further into the spreadsheet in my Docs i would find my answers, and i will be doing that as soon as i post this blog. These are all the things i have heard, the fears i have, and the solutions that i plan on implementing in EDM310.

2 comments:

  1. "...I do procrastinate and that is a habit that i will have to break now." You are absolutely correct.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ben, My Name is Alexis McSwain I also have heard how time consuming EDM 310 can be. Just like you most of my classes have been on campus in a classroom where I'm being lectured. Although I too have heard scary things about this class, since I've been it for the first two weeks I have learned so much. I'm not one to blog, although I have thought about it this class has opened my eyes to how many people do and how many schools actually use this to teach their students how to use their resources. I am actually now more excited to see what tools and how this class will be able to help me when I make it to a classroom. Good luck with breaking your bad procrastinating habit, I too had to work on mins. I learned if I get a calender and write everything down I'm liable to stay on top of things.

    ReplyDelete