Sunday, April 27, 2014

C4K summary for April

My first C4k this month was Seini at Pt England school in New Zealand. In her blog post titled Pohutukawa She writes about a plant in New Zealand called the Pohutukawa. In her post she explains when this plant blooms, what purpose it has in the wild, and where it can be found. One interesting fact about the Pohutukawa is that it is often referred to as the New Zealand Christmas tree because it only blooms in December.

my comment: Hey Seini, My name is Ben Mayfield and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. i enjoyed reading your post about the Pohhutukawa. This was a very informative blog post. I have never heard of this type of tree. I think it is cool that it blooms in december. where I live the only trees that grow in december are Pine trees and Evergreens which are also cut down to make room for farm land. I can see that you are very knowledgeable about this tree. This was a great blog post thank you for sharing.

My second C4K was Brooklyn at PT England school in New Zealand. In Brooklyn's blog post titled Fiafia , she writes three short paragraphs about her experience at a hip hop dance show at her school. In her first paragraph Brooklyn talks about how nervous she was on her way to school. She also writes about how she was very nervous sitting in front of the stage watching the other group perform first. In her second paragraph Brooklyn talks about how she was not nervous once she got on stage and began to preform. She also writes about how much fun she had performing. In Brooklyn's third paragraph she writes about how she would like to be in the Jump Jum or Kapahaka group next year.

My comment: Hey, My name is Ben Mayfield and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I enjoyed reading your blog post about the hip hop event that you participated in. It sounds like you had a lot of fun. Your paragraphs are structured very well, I can see that you are doing well in your writing. I'm sure that next time you can be in Jump Jum or Kapahaka it sounds like you are good at what you do. Thank you for sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment