Sunday, April 6, 2014

C4T Summary

For My first C4t summary was assigned to post on Kindergarten life's blog. The blog that I commented on was titled Literacy Enriched. In this blog post She writes about her current reading progress in her Kindergarten class and how she used technology to make reading fun and engaging for her students. She talks about how her class met with another class from Wisconsin over Google+. Her students were able to ask questions about their author of study who was Theodore Theodore Suess. They were also able to Theodore Theodore Theodore Theodore Theodore Theodore their SMART board to listen to one of Dr. Suess's stories. She writes about how excited all of her students were in this process. She also writes about how the use of I pad's and Airstream has inspired her because it opens the door to endless possibilities and makes learning exciting for her students. My comment that I left is: This was a great Blog Post to read. I am currently a student at The University of South Alabama studying Secondary Education/ History. It is very exciting to read about how you are using technology to help your students learn to read. It sounds like your students are very enthusiastic about the stories they are reading. I also find it amazing that you are connecting your classroom to others around the country. This is something i hope to do when i become an educator. My mom was actually a Kindergarten teacher and I have witnessed first hand how hard it can be to teach some kids how to read and be excited about reading. I will have to tell her about the many ways you are using technology in your classroom to keep your students excited about reading. Thank you for sharing.

The second blog that I commented on was from the same author and titled Connecting Through a Quick Conversation. In this post she talks about how she ran into a boy that had dropped his book bag. She noticed that a Korean flag fell out. She connected with this because her class often often shares things online with a kindergarten class in South Korea. She stops and takes the time to talk to the boy. She finds out that he is from South Korea and attends a Korean school. She asked him if he would come to her class and share his culture and ideas with the rest of her kindergarteners and he did. She writes about how her students were so excited to learn about the culture of their Korean kindergarten friends. Also the boy had a book that her class had read with the Korean class. She writes that her students had an instant "text to text" connection. At the end of her blog post she writes about how taking the time to start a conversation can open doors and make connections that you didn't even know whee there. My comment was: Hey, My name is Ben Mayfield and I am currently an education major at the University of South Alabama. I enjoyed reading your post about making connections. I think it is amazing that your class is able to communicate and share ideas and customs with other classes around the world. This is why technology is a great tool in the classroom. Your students can explore the world and meet new and different people with out even leaving the classroom. The story about the boy you met is also amazing. You never know when you will meet some one that you and your students can make a connection with. I am glad he was able to come speak to your class I am sure that your students where very excited to meet some one in person that can share the customs of their Korean kindergarten friends. Thank you for sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment