Sunday, April 6, 2014

C4K Summary For March

In my first c4k assignment this month was Danielle. She is a first grader in Mrs. Jenny She's class in Aukland New Zealand. In Danielle's blog she told a story of a Giraffe named Harold. In her story she was able to show how she could use adjectives to describe Harold the Giraffe. My comment: Hey Danielle, I am a student at the University of South Alabama studying to become a teacher. I really enjoyed listening to your story about Harold the Giraffe. I really liked the Giraffe you drew in your blog. you are an exceptional artist. You did a very good job of reading the story describing Harold. All of the adjectives you used where very well structured in your story. I hope to see more stories and great art work from you soon. Thank you for sharing.

In my 2nd C4K assignment I was assigned Wakatere, who is an 11 year old boy in PT England school in New Zealand. Wakatere posted a poem to his blog describing several aspects of him self. Who he is, what he likes to do, where he wants to live, and what his personality is like. he described him self as a happy young kid who one day wants to live in Canada. This is the comment I left for him: Hey Wakatere My name is Ben Mayfield and i am a student at the University of South Alabama. I enjoyed reading your poem. I also read your "about me" and wow you have a lot of brothers and sisters. It looks like you put a lot of thought into your poem. From reading your poem i can see that you are a very driven person and you have big dreams which is a very good trait to have. I will be honest i do not think i have ever wanted to live in Canada. Where I live it is warm and Canada would be too cold for me. I also like to think of my self as a happy person. I really enjoyed reading your poem and i hope to see more like it thank you for sharing.

For my third C4K assignment I had Francis who is a 7/8 year learner at PT England school in New Zealand. In his blog he posted a video of his math strategy. He shows us in his video how to solve decimal math problems by jumping the number line. He uses the example 7.9+____=12.5, then he draws a number line and counts how many points he has to go to get to 12.5. The answer he arrives at is 4.6 which is the correct answer. The comment I left him is: Hey Francis My name is Ben Mayfield and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I really enjoyed watching your video about your Math Strategy. First i would like to say that you did a great job making this video. You are well ahead of most students i know. Your ability to use technology at such a young age is amazing. I like how you used the number line to ump to your answer for your math problem. This shows that not only can you solve complicated problems put you can visualize your solution. Great job. Thank you for sharing this video, I hope to see more like it from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment